How do I choose a termite control service?
Micah Services has been helping homeowners protect their homes and property for over 10 years, with over 25 years of pest control experience. We remain committed to being the best termite control provider in the region based on a rigorous philosophy of leadership and excellence.
- We carefully select our termite control technology based on uncompromising standards of efficacy and safety.
- We cultivate longstanding relationships with our customers and our communities based on quality and satisfaction.
- We combine professional skill and customer care to deliver high-value, responsive service.
- We provide a tightly-knit, highly trained termite team that is dependable and results-oriented.
Do I need to worry about termites?
Termites are responsible for an estimated $5 billion of damage every year in the United States and more than 5 million homes have some type of termite problem. In the Mid-Atlantic, designated as a region with “heavy” termite activity, termite control is essential for any homeowner concerned with asset protection.
Subterranean Termites are wood destroying insects that cause significant structural damage if they remain undetected and untreated. Because termite damage is not typically covered by insurance, repairs can be costly.
Termites live in underground colonies, tunneling undetected through the soil into a structure. Because of their subterranean nature, an infestation may go undetected for some time. But there are warning signs of an active termite infestation including:
- Winged insects, called “swarmers” in or around your home or winged parts scattered around your doors or windows
- Mud tubes leading from the ground to a piece of infested wood or up the foundation walls
- Damage to wood or other cellulose materials
Should I purchase termite control if there is no evidence of a current infestation?
In today’s real estate market, asset protection is a necessity. Preventive termite programs can resolve hidden infestations and prevent future problems including damage and repair costs. Preventive treatments are often offered at a cost savings to our homeowners, adding to the value of the program.
What are my treatment options?
Micah Services offers a proven termite control measure to protect your home. Termidore termite control is the best product possible to eliminate termite infestions. We install bait stations at intervals around your home and monitor them for termite activity. Once termites invade a station we apply a bait to effect colony elimination. Please visit the website at www.termidorehome.com. Our conventional treatment is an effective barrier defense around the perimeter of your home using a state-of-the-art non-repellant termiticide.